Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix after 2 years trying! Let me know what you think. Thanks
I agree with panning the brighter sounding instruments wider than the rest. Tbh, I dont know why I always hesitate when panning; perhaps the paranoia of having it too wide in headphone might not translate well. That is the reason why my panning is always conservative. I wish I have a pair of monitors to listen but, sigh, alas, "we can't always get what we want"-Stones. I will keep working on it until I find a good place for the mix with my headphones. I know my headphones a little better now. And with your help I am sure I'll get better soon. Thanks. And thanks for reminding to listen to the reference tracks. I'll try to do that more often from now on. I can see the benefit of doing that. Sometimes, you know how it is, we get lost in the mix, and most often, to me, we forget our ways home Smile

***About M/S (Mid/Side) processing is quite simple. I have a free plug in called Voxenga (check spelling) MSED. The plug in allows the user to manipulate Mid (things that occupy both sides L and R. For example, vocal, kick, bass, etc)) and Side (panned instruments, reverb, etc) separately. That is the final step I do after the mix. Quite powerful tool to work with. I have just experiment with it for a couple months (aka still in the learning process). But it does help improve my mix (with little that I know), so I keep using it (practicing) and hope I will know it better in the future. Thanks for the listen. I really appreciate it. My mix wouldn't be better without your comments. Thanks. I love mixing, you know. So I always appreciate those who help me along the way. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix after 2 years trying! Let me know what you think. Thanks - by SonicTramp - 23-10-2018, 01:07 AM