Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix after 2 years trying! Let me know what you think. Thanks
I think this second mix is much better Sonic. Drums are sounding great and the bottom end is working well through my headphones. I still think you could afford to go out wider with the guitars with a song like this. This is a personal preference though for sure. I guess my approach for this song would be to pan the contrasting guitars wide and then leave the softer tone of the piano centre behind the vox. I usually like to pan the brighter sounding instruments the widest. This seems to help with "ear candy" and helps clear some space around the vox. This is purely subjective and by no means the rule. Either way Sonic, for me this mix is a big improvement on the first. M/S compression, not sure I've ever played around with that sort of processing before. Your over my head with that one.Tongue

As for burning the midnight oil and overcooking the mix, I think we have all done that. Don't forget to load a reference track into your project just to click it in and out as you go to keep things on track. Well Done!

Dave

Messages In This Thread
RE: My mix after 2 years trying! Let me know what you think. Thanks - by Dangerous - 22-10-2018, 11:15 AM