Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Street Noise: 'You Are The One'
Hey K, diggin' those drums, did you have to get your hands too dirty to deal with that weird time misplacement between channels? I thought of them as unusable as they came but you just managed to get a subtle 3D, stereo feeling from them and still carryng the weight of the mix as good drums should.

Vocals on the second half are the only real trouble I got with this mix and they are sibilant, as Mike said. I think they came quite louder than the ones from the first half. It seems as if you got a nice static mix and then didn't have time to automate things. It is a really nice global balance, reminding me some Buffalo Springfield/early Neil Young sound, but since this song has so many different sections, I think it needs some automation to adjust the balance through the different sections. And jut to get really picky:

- Bass sounds great all through the song, specially from 2:25, but not so much for the intro, where it has too much presence and drawing too much attention just when the playing it's not at its best (maybe it was the drummer's fault).

- Piano is pretty hidden panned there with the main guitar and the synth pad.

- That soft left panning on the congas seems a little out of place, maybe would they fit better panned right? Oh well, this is just being too picky...

Overall, very enjoyable mix

Messages In This Thread
Street Noise: 'You Are The One' - by KMuzic - 10-02-2018, 11:16 PM
RE: Street Noise: 'You Are The One' - by KMuzic - 11-02-2018, 12:49 AM
RE: Street Noise: 'You Are The One' - by Deliza - 25-06-2018, 05:08 PM
RE: Street Noise: 'You Are The One' - by KMuzic - 25-06-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: Street Noise: 'You Are The One' - by KMuzic - 26-08-2018, 08:07 PM