Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' kapu mix
(08-06-2018, 09:21 AM)Monk Wrote: sound simply awesome and superb!!1

thanks! i guess that kick missed by an inch, because i kinda like the smashed in-your-face sound especially for beats. i appreciate your effort, yet it feels like you're trying to push your own aesthetics. i, for instance, like to smash, crush, clip, limit, compress, pump etc. they're just one set of tools in the wicked box of unnatural audio sorcery, like microphones, preamps, converters and recording medium, level faders, weird effects, reverbs etc. for me it has never been about 'loudness', but for some reason that kind of sound just makes me 'feel it' or something. if i start work on something i end up smashing everything without 'comparing' or 'referencing' how loud it should be, and tend to find high dynamics (peak-to-rms ratios) distracting, uncomfortable or just unsatisfying. at any listening level. smashed sound is the sound i'm pursuing, which should be pretty obvious. if you have some advice how to improve on that, it would be much better than you trying to somehow debunk the mixes for not matching your interpretation of 'correct'. that's just not very helpful. some years ago i tried the 'realistic' approach, but mostly it just felt boring or dull. even if recording is done very well with sound stage in mind etc, in general it usually very far away from how i would like to hear or feel it.

it's quite simple to mix the distorted sound. i just use distortion. in additon to all other mixing stuff i apply a ton of comp/limit/sat/dist type of effects, then i roll them back until i think it start sound good.

p.s. if you listen the mix backwards, you will get the reversed part 'unreversed' and hear lyrics.

^_^

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trafficker: 'My Father Never Loved Me' kapu mix - by kapu - 09-06-2018, 10:34 AM