Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold'
(04-06-2018, 01:40 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounding great through my headphones K. What's the main difference between the two mixes? I struggled to hear any real contrasting differences, although I think I favour the second one, I'm just not completely sure why.
Nice balance and vibe, I also like the wide panned sound stage. I think the vocal could do with some extra "air" and presence though, just to bring it tonally in line with the rest of the performance. There are parts of the vox which may need some automation or more aggressive compressor settings where the singer is moving away from the mic and then back again. With a song like this I think you could get away with squashing the vox a little more to control these inconsistencies without it being too much of an issue. Anyways, solid work as usual.

Great work so far K! Big Grin

Hi Dave

The second mix I saturated the vocals a little more and brought overall levels down a bit, I tried getting away without automating the main vocal. I like the Idea of compressing it some more. The vocal was driving me nuts. Ill try squashing it more first.

Thanks for having a listen

Cheers
KirkSmile

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remember Jones: 'Don't Put Me On Hold' - by KMuzic - 04-06-2018, 03:11 PM