Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute' kapu mix
mix2. I had a long discussion with myself about the strings. In your mix, and some others, they sound too far out of the way and seem to lose connection with the rest of the performance? And I'm not so sure the space, as implied by the really long tail, fits the needs of the rest of the performance. You've put a long decay on the vocal, for this reason? Trouble is, he seems further back because of this. How about a compromise?

Loved the cymbal swells and washes, they made quite an impact, even in their subtle delivery. Great balance and tone on them I thought.

Maybe use an eq on the verbs to make sure the bass is kept out, it can add to bloat otherwise.

Occasionally a cymbal hit pinches a little, but an easy fix.

YOU RASCAL, YOU MUTED THE TRIANGLE?! ALL OF IT. BRILLIANT!! The cymbal swells and focusing on other elements instead of this irritating clanger, worked. I'm not even missing it. Damn.

I liked the general timbre here too. Cool moves.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lingua Funqa: 'Just One Minute' kapu mix - by Monk - 26-05-2018, 05:34 PM