Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute (final and mix versions)
(26-05-2018, 12:00 PM)Digitaldruglord Wrote: The only MP3 encoder I like is the one in ProTools Ultimate, using real-time bounce.

But it's no good if the codec is being hit at 0dBFS. No brand will work at this level without generating harsh artifacts.

Quote:I used Coldplay’s last album as a listening reference on Tidal HiFi...

Listening isn't good enough. You only need a difference of 0.1dB for your brain to change it's perception subconsciously and just a little more than this for it to do so consciously.

Furthermore, if one's hearing is impaired, which is more common than most people are even aware of, referencing is a total, complete and utter waste of time. Now here's why:-

If a listener can't hear what's happening at 16kHz, 10kHz, or heaven forbid, even less, then it gets overlooked. Actually, if anything, it gets turned up and distorted so they can hear it better.

Quote:The resulting music should also be listened to (in addition to studio montitors) small speakers, iPad, tablet, mobile phone, car stereo... the compression is anti purist, but these strategies are necessary to comply to the spectrum of listening devices.. good earbuds, low cost earbuds, TV speakers, Alexa devices, Google Home Mini..

They all push against the well disciplined rules of pro audio... the trick is finding the common ground where the song can survive well on each diverse listening device.

Everyone talks about speakers and monitors and headphones. Nobody talks about hearing impairment despite it being rife in this industry. It is therefore statistically represented in this forum. Most won't even be aware they have a problem until it's too late.

I've generously given feedback on your work, it's up to you where you go from here.

Take care.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lingua Funqa - Just One Minute (final and mix versions) - by Monk - 26-05-2018, 04:16 PM