Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The Black Crown: 'Flames' (first mix) - feedback wanted
Hey Richard,

sorry to say this, but your first mix still is better the second or third one in my opinion.

The EQ curve on the guitar in the first one, had a lot of the mud and mid-range cut out, which made space for other instruments and also just sounded clearer. The only problem with this was that the vocal and guitars fought for presence in the mix.
I would say you fixed this problem in the third mix.

I liked the crashed transients of the drums in the first mix a lot (maybe a bit much), the toms were just to resonant and loud, but it worked great overall.
I suspect that just turning your drum bus up a few db might be great here, too! (Just watch your mix bus!)
The snappy punch in the third mix is also cool, but I miss the squashed sound. Maybe shoot for something in the middle. Also the drums in the new mix need a more open-sounding high-end.

The first mix also had more bottom end, the 2nd and 3rd one sounded a bit weak, as if someone had tried to cut out all the lows Wink

TL;DR
- more lows, less honkey, muddy mid, more presence on guitar (like mix 1)
- keep the guitar vocal relationship of mix 3
- find a middle point for the transients between drums mix 1 and mix 3, with the open top-end of mix one
- make sure you have enough lows/low-mids (like mix 1)

Hope you find it helpful! Please don't hate me xD

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Black Crown: 'Flames' (first mix) - feedback wanted - by LukasL - 12-05-2018, 12:42 PM