Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (ZX Mix)
Erjee,

Now, you've got my interest piqued a little bit.

I don't get exactly what you mean by the kick being drowned. I get that the kick is not dominating the mix nor did I feel it was necessary for that to happen. In fact the kick has almost no Mid range to it to allow the bass to come through more clearly. The kick is actually click and a gated tone generator set to ~36Hz. Furthermore, the bass is sidechained to it (though not an extreme amount only enough to let the sub info and click come through more clearly). So, what I don't understand is what the problem is? Every system I've listened to this mix on the kick does its function flawlessly each time.

Which Acoustic Guitar? Both of the originals are not the exactly the fullest sounding in the first place. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though because the Piano needed space to sit. Additionally to give a little more definition to the slightly lower harmonics of the percussion cutting some out of the Acoustic Guitars actually helped. So, what exactly is problem you've got with it? The reverb is there because if it weren't then that Acoustic Guitar would actually coming piercing out of the Left channel. I have no idea why it works that way but it does.

I really don't see how the lead vocal is fighting the bass at all. Seriously, I don't get this. The vocal sits exactly where and how I wanted it to in the mix. Sure I added tons of 4KHz to the bass but that isn't a problem when you've got vocals that are so bright and having to use automation, EQ, and De-essing, compression, and EQ to get them sounding about right. Maybe the vocals are not as up front as you'd like them to be. Squeezing every ounce of dynamic range out of them and making them sound unnatural. Not that mine sound perfectly natural. Also, both the Backing Vox and Lead Vox have the delay on them. Only once did the backing vox have the delay on them when the Lead Vox did not.

I mean I get not liking certain aspects of a mix but honestly I'm not quite sure I get where you're coming from with these.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (ZX Mix) - by APZX - 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM