Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Review
Hi!

There's a lot of good stuff in the mix, so I'll skip to the parts that bugged me. There's a lot of low end energy in the drums, it's kinda sucking the whole mix to the middle. I'd have to know what you did to the kick and the the drum bus to figure out why. The snare is suffering and would need to have more presence in the higher end. The electric guitar that goes along the snare (and it's panned in the middle) also gets swallowed and at first I thought it was some insanely distorted harmonic from the snare.

Summing up, it feels like the main voice and all the stuff from the sides sound like they're supposed to, but there's a box in the middle where the drums, bass, the backing voices and the electric guitar are locked.

Probably is mostly the kick and bass eating too much space down there, probably is some reverb or delay that is not properly high passed... Once you check that out, the rest of the elements are just where they need to be to make a great mix.
ITB Setup: Reaper, Airwindows, IK Multimedia TR5, XLN AD2 ATrigger and RC-20, Waves.
Monitoring: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII, Behritone, Sennheiser HD 650. Semi-treated room.

Messages In This Thread
Need Review - by MikeAguirre - 12-02-2018, 06:29 PM
RE: Need Review - by OctopusOnFire - 12-02-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Need Review - by MikeAguirre - 27-02-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Need Review - by davemcg61 - 27-02-2018, 03:50 AM