Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Butterfly Effect: 'An Ultra Violet Apology'
All in all its a cool Mix i like the sound of it.

1.Yet the kick has a weird punchy or clicky sound to it. Sorry for being in lack of better words. You should check out your compressor attack and release times again. Its punchy and audible but it has a bit of an unnatural sound to it.

2. I would turn these "ambient-swelly-guitar-effect" parts louder especially in the beginning. They sound cool and can give you a great atmosphere, in your mix they get lost. But im a "ambient-swelly-guitar-effect" fetishist, so...

3. What have you done to the vocals? They sound pretty cool. Wanna tell me what exactly youve done there?
The only problem i have with them is that, especially in the quieter parts of the song, you can hear a difference between singing an silence. When he stops singing you can "hear the silence", its like theres something missing. The transitions arent smooth enough.
I just checked it out and i know the problem. Youve cut out the "room noise" in between the singers lines. And you can definitely hear that. Bring the noise back in(if youve literally cut it out), or soften your gate and try messing around with automation to make the transitions smoother instead.
Yeah room noise sucks, but in that case its abscence sounds weird. Makes it seem as though the lyrics are just layered on to of the instruments.

Hope i could help, and sorry for my bad english

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Butterfly Effect: 'An Ultra Violet Apology' - by mixeslikearetard - 10-02-2018, 01:42 PM