Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise' kapu mix
WOW THAT'S LOUD! Your mix does sound big and heavy, however he intro seems just as big sounding as the choruses, by the time the chorus hits you can really hear the compression just slamming the mix back down and killing the impact and just making the chorus small. I'm noticing during the first chorus that the snare is causing the mix to pump and causing the level to drop quite heavily and it's distracting and takes my interest away from the song. Really that's all I can say, Im normally not turned off by heavy compression but here it's just fatiguing to listen to and really takes away from the build from the intro to the chorus.

Cheers, and sorry if I sound too much like a certain "artful renegade" ;P,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape: 'Stop And Rise' kapu mix - by dcp10200 - 09-02-2018, 04:14 PM