Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (ZX Mix)
(02-07-2013, 04:42 PM)APZX Wrote: So, when I did my first mix of this track I made it far too smiley curved (something I have a tendency to do when I mix quickly). I then completely restarted the mix and I think the result turned out okay.

Now, some quick notes of how I decided to approach the mix as a whole. The first bit that I actually started with was the drums and just get them sounding pretty darn good. Once I had them in place about the way I wanted them to be is when I approached the other elements. I realize the Acoustic Guitars are pretty low in overall volume, but I found that it would be a compromise between them and both the Electric Guitar and the Piano. So, I opted to put the Electric Guitar and Piano more up front in the mix. Also, I realize that the vocals are not particularly bright and I found I was fighting the sibilance to get them brighter. So, I opted for a combination of different EQs, a De-esser, and a single compressor to get them sounding about the way I wanted.

But the approach was pretty simple and that was to get a mix that basically gave some power to the composition. Nothing really special.

WOW far in the back don't no if I can even hear it . but that's cool
did you try running one of the guitar track out phase

Messages In This Thread
RE: Angles In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (ZX Mix) - by mikrostudios - 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM