Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage 'Kings And Queens' MikeGoPro Quick Mix
Hello,

The rhythm guitar's harshness is one of the challenges to address somehow. It is too bright relative to the too dull Rhodes which throws the balance out of kilter quite significantly. The problem with the Rhodes is the abundance of 200-300Hz mud in the track which hums all through the song. But addressing this tends to lose the instrument some essential warmth. But given the rhythm guitar lacks warmth anyway, would it matter if they were aligned better in our visions by reducing the mud of the Rhodes, and taming some harshness in the guitar?

Now regarding your mix specifically, I find the bass balance is fine for my tastes. A little more focus on automation would help to balance it during the verse-chorus energy transitions, for example. If you do any tweaking, be careful not to lose the attack because it will end up mumbling like so many other mixes I've heard.

Nothing wrong with a voice up mix. He needs to be front-of-stage and I think you achieved that.

There's some fatigue emanating from the harsher elements in the mid range which our ears are sensitive to. It's one of the biggest missions in this song for us to address and do so without losing the essential timbres.

Well done so far.
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: thelvnguage 'Kings And Queens' MikeGoPro Quick Mix - by Monk - 13-01-2018, 12:22 PM