Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unicorn Radio - Maybe [mydogboris mix]
(05-01-2018, 05:59 AM)mydogboris Wrote: hi hat and ride seemed to be on same side of overheads.

Yes, because they are Smile
Andi is a left-handed drummer, but plays a right-handed setup except for the ride cymbal. It´s literally on top of the hi-hat, its edge is just half an inch away from the hi-hat top´s bell.

I am a little confused about the vocal tuning. You definitely changed a lot of notes, in the chorus you shifted the melody line to a different key, which sounds kinda off to me.
What you also need to keep in mind is the singer´s intention: I´m pretty sure she would not be happy with such drastic changes to her melody line when the recorded melody is the one we all agreed on.

The low-end is quite a mess indeed. It´s cool to have a boomy kickdrum for the intro, I did the same. When the bass begins to play, it needs to be tamed though: the bass tone doesn´t have a lot of definition in the low-end anyway, so you gotta watch out in that area.
(We do have a different bass player now, just to clarify Tongue )

I think guitars are okay. I laid a lot more focus on them, and thus could almost leave them untouched. The original mix EQ is like 2.5k down a dB on one guitar, 4k on the other.

cheers
Michael / UR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unicorn Radio - Maybe [mydogboris mix] - by Mr.Bongo - 06-01-2018, 02:19 PM