Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable
(07-12-2017, 04:36 AM)javierpg84 Wrote: Hi Mixinthecloud:

Aside from all subjective considerations, Maxheadroom findings are right. The guitar track is clipped. I had to restore it when I mixed this song by using Izotope RX5. In my humble opinion, engineering is about finding solutions to challenges, like excessive clipping. Now going to the subjective part, in order to learn, we need to listen to the music and to our mentors. We learn from each other every day here and I appreciate all the critic feedback from every member in this forum and specially people like Mike Senior and Maxheadroom. Lets keep it cool and lets keep this forum democratic and free of censorship.
Sincerely,
javierpg84

Javier, the problem is how Maxine addressed the situation. Instead of finding a solution and working with the tracks she just went on a rant and called the thing "unmixable" because on one element which she didn't even care to elaborate on. She made comments about how terrible each mix was and failed to post a mix of her own to prove her statement about how the track was unmixable. Also if you notice her posts are similar to Metallurgist's and in the same derogatory tone.
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable - by dcp10200 - 07-12-2017, 05:08 AM