Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable
(22-08-2017, 02:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Since we are baffled by your discord and disdain for this particular composition, maybe you can enlighten us with your wisdom and critical ears. What are we missing which you found so blaringly obvious?

To correct you, there is no discord or disdain for this composition. Quite the opposite actually. I think it's a shame that it has that one problem which I can't help but hear which breaks the mix and the emotion. You know what? If it passes you by, then it passes you by.

If you'd like some advice on setting up a RFZ, let me know. I can offer you some affordable tips to help you. What you have here is good for casual listening while surfing the net and listening to music in the background, but for critical listening and mixing it couldn't be much worse.

At a rough estimate, your efforts, maybe 70 percent, are spent mixing the room rather than what's in the DAW. This is a reason why your mixes are so variable and lack consistency, as your listening space works it's spell depending on what material you feed it with.

I understand we are here to talk about mixes and giving feedback on mixes, however, if the listening space isn't conducive to critical listening, then it's going to limit progress and that limit becomes a waste of life and opportunity. I have heard a number of your mixes and read a few posts, and it's clear to me your listening environment should be more aligned to your needs.

My attitude is to work smarter, not harder. If you are happy and unaware of the prevailing issues and the status quo, I have no worries with that. But if I were you, I'd fix it ASAP by finding someone who knows their gravy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable - by Max Headroom - 06-12-2017, 04:58 PM