Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
JOK3R ft Ardelli remix
(29-10-2017, 09:36 PM)Monk Wrote: Chapter One........

Wow...

Love it! Cool

I was not expecting anything like this. I mean I did hope that people would do creative things with "Asiza" but it didn't occur to me someone might use me as a sound sample. I have to admit, the opening made my hair (what little I have) stand on end: "Staring up at me with that heartbreaking expression that seemed to ask only one question." Then that sound, echoing off. Then: "Why?" echoes off into the distance with it... wow... chills... seriously...

Well, J0K3R wanted "creative" stuff done with "September Trance;" I'd say this qualifies. Big Grin

My only quibbles regard the mix of the music, both minor:

1. I felt the beat was a little weak; probably should be punched up a dB or two.
2. Sounds to me like there's room for more top end in this mix. I don't have anything specific here, just a general feeling, a craving for a little more air in the mix. Not on my voice; the balance there is perfect so I don't recommend adding an EQ to the whole thing to fix the problem but you might try a gentle, maybe 2 or 3 dB 12 kHz boost on some of the synth and SFX tracks maybe. OTOH, the darker tone does fit the mood of the piece so this may be more a personal taste thing, and the spectral balance as it is I suspect may grow on me in time.

Other than that, love this mix, and not just because you used my voice in it. Blush I love the way you take different synth parts and pull them out front, giving each its moment in the sun, and this also helps create a clean sounding mix with plenty of definition between the different parts. I also love the way you weave my voice into the rhythm in such a way that it enhances the words, and the weird effects on it create a kind of dreamy effect that works very well indeed.

I'd love to see you tackle a full mix of "Asiza" itself, and I'm hoping your mix here will encourage others to do the same and/or do more creative stuff like this. Smile

Nice! Cool
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince

Messages In This Thread
JOK3R ft Ardelli remix - by Monk - 29-10-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: JOK3R ft Ardelli remix - by Pedaling Prince - 30-10-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: JOK3R ft Ardelli remix - by jimmyklane - 30-10-2017, 10:38 PM
RE: JOK3R ft Ardelli remix - by Monk - 27-11-2017, 10:56 PM