Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Cassettes : Believe - First mix here !
Hey! I have a thought XD
Nice starting point for a first mix.
There are things to fix but overall your mix sounds pretty solid and well balanced.

What i can tell you at the moment is that I hear the main vocals, on some parts very low and some pretty much in place with the rest of the mix or too high.
Try to check your compression and automate to volume as necessary [record the automation live while listening - that's what professionals do Wink].

Other than that, maybe EQ here and there to fix some problematic freq and changes from things you fix in the mix.
I hear too much energy in the center that can be cleared and emphasized at the same time.

Regarding your Headroom track; It happens a lot when the mics are out of phase or recorded in a weird position.
First of all, try to hear if the drum player is left-handed or right-handed through the mono tracks of the overheads.
Then take the OH track (L/R according to the drummer's hand) and check that track with each individual track of the drum set for phase issues:

You need to check for example: OH (L/R) - KICK; OH (L/R) - TOP SNARE etc.

It can easily bring your kit to the level it should be and the frequencies will be right where they should.
After you did that try to play with each mono track of the OH tracks and see where they sit properly in the stereo image.
You probable need to adjust them like 20% left 60% right for example (not hard left/right as usual) - but this is just a wild guess.

Hope that helps! Overall liked the mix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Am Cassettes : Believe - First mix here ! - by FisheRecords - 14-10-2017, 12:40 AM