Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt'
(07-10-2017, 01:54 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Dave, hope you're enjoying your break mate.

Overall a really nice mix. As usual with your work, many of the balances are spot on and very tasteful.

I know what MITC means though. For me the intro and verse 1 feel slightly subdued. The bass level is maybe a bit high and a bit overbalanced in the mid range (500-1500hz). This kinda kills the low end but also seems to add congestion to the lower vocal frequencies during the verses.

I'd also say that bass itself is out of balance with and dominates the drums, not massively but enough to notice, which is probably why it feels a bit subdued, as we're missing that percussive drive.

I suspect it has a lot to do with you being out of your studio and missing that certainty of setting those low end balances. Again, really good work overall.

cheers,

Simon

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Simon. I'm keen to listen to it back in the studio when I get home and hear what it sounds like. The bass area did have me concerned and without having any close reference material with me, I didn't really know how it would sit overall tonally. It's whether I can do anything with it or whether I should start again. I'm afraid I might start tinkering with it too much working in my more familiar environment and stuff it up completely. It's happened before.Tongue

Thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by Dangerous - 06-10-2017, 12:43 PM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by HbGuitar - 07-10-2017, 01:54 AM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by Dangerous - 08-10-2017, 11:44 AM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by thedon - 04-11-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by LukasL - 07-11-2017, 08:34 AM
RE: Jamie Kent: 'All-American Mutt' - by Cudjoe - 10-11-2017, 05:09 AM