Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamie Kent - All American Mutt - Take 3
For me, the clarified version of your mix has the opposite problem of Kapu's mix, it's nice and open during the verses but the choruses don't seem to push. It's too "pretty" for a track about "an all american mutt", it needs some dirt to kick up during the choruses for some punch and contrast. I also noticed that the toms seem to be rather hollow sounding, it seems like a panning thing (I just left my toms up the middle). It's strange, the mix is technically sound and correct but it doesn't seem "right" and seems like it's missing some grit, my best analogy is a country boy who was forced to wear a business suit and work in a office. It's a minor thing but overall it can make a good mix great.

Cheers and hope this helps,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jamie Kent - All American Mutt - by kapu - 05-10-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: Jamie Kent - All American Mutt - by Roy - 05-10-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: Jamie Kent - All American Mutt - by Dangerous - 06-10-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Jamie Kent - Building a better Mutt - by kapu - 07-10-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: Jamie Kent - Building a better Mutt - by kapu - 07-10-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Jamie Kent - Building a better Mutt - by dcp10200 - 08-10-2017, 06:28 AM