Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable
Hi Max,

Well, I'm afraid I have to disagree with your thread title. I personally vet every project that I upload to the Cambridge-MT site, in order to ascertain whether I think it's mixable or not, an activity that takes up a good deal of my time. Believe me, I've been responsible for mixing plenty of apparently unmixable projects for the SOS Mix Rescue column, so I have a certain amount of experience in this area. Yes, some of the projects in the library are challenging, and this one does indeed have some technical challenges, but for that reason it's also a good learning opportunity -- and one that relates directly to project-studio reality. If you feel you are unable to find a way to deliver a decent-sounding mix of this project, then by all means ignore it and save your own skillset for projects that suit it. However, if you wish to contribute to this Discussion Zone, then I would ask you please to help uphold the positive and constructive atmosphere that we've all worked hard to maintain -- and at the very least refrain from maligning the very contributors who kindly make this valuable learning resource possible without you having to pay a dime.

If you would like further information about the ethos of this community, please check out The Three Commandments.

Many thanks,

Mike Senior

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lorenzo-Things need changing! It's unmixable - by Mike Senior - 23-08-2017, 09:17 PM