Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Crownoise - Sleep by the fire - Need HELP please!
(29-07-2017, 03:34 PM)CJ Fuller Wrote: Heyy Crowny, we meet again...
That was pretty good. Seriously. Barely even any flashing red lights on my console ;-) Nah, but seriously, I listened to the whole thing and overall enjoyed the song for what it was. I haven't done anything with the raw files on this so can't pass any technical judgement on how well you dealt with them, but as a song itself came together well.
As far as criticism, there was a kind of woolly thickness hanging around the lower mid range. (Like I'm not guilty of that myself...) I don't know exactly what was introducing it in terms of tracks, but say, if I was mastering this song, I'd be tempted to apply a fairly hefty mid-range cut, sweeping it around until things started to open out a bit. Basically, give it a bit of the old rock-n-roll smile as far as EQ.

Hey CJ we most certainly do! Yes if you where to compare this to a pro master i also agree it being a bit wooly. But i mean on this song i actually didn't think so much of the master and so on, i just tried to deliver the emotion, cuz it felt like i really could relate to it!Smile Also i am getting bashed from the pros like you and the rest of me having to tiny guitars so maybe that might have been a factor too haha Wink Im really glad that you liked it! I think it is the first mix i've posted here where i get a really "undistorted-overanalytic" feedback ;P haha... thanks alot it really means much, mixing has come my passion and i hope this community grows! I can't wait to hear how you will paint this song Smile I noticed the vocals on the refrain might have been a bit on the edge to bright but atleast it make the lyrics and feeling come thru. I also as always miss the little mouth clutters and so forth, my retina macbook ain't the best on cpu when loaded with subtle distortion plugins haah..../facepalm. But i mean, its never done until you call it a quit and i stopped there and was satisfied. Cheers mate and see you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crownoise - Sleep by the fire - Need HELP please! - by crownoise - 29-07-2017, 03:55 PM