Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - One Minute Smile (BRBWaffles Free Plugins Mix)
(27-07-2017, 02:52 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: The mix really isn't balanced that well TBH, the drums are dominating the mix and making the compressor pump and taking the attack out. They are punchy but after the first minute they sound wimpy and flat.

I agree. I'll fix it. I also agree with the pumping. However, that's not really an argument against the mix, but the compression during finalization. If I didn't reduce the peaks of the final mix to the extent that I did, there's a very good chance that the drums would have sounded fine. That being said, I will fix the levels, because I do think that this is a good point.

(27-07-2017, 02:52 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: To me this mix is wrecked

This is hyperbole, and it isn't helpful. If the only criticisms you can muster thus far are of a few minor level choices, nonexistent scooping in the vocals, and time alignment errors in the vocals, then "wrecked" is quite clearly an exaggeration.

(27-07-2017, 02:52 PM)dcp10200 Wrote: ...the harmony vocal on the left during the chorus is misaligned and out of time with the track, there are multiple vocal edits that are completely out of time as well (just listen to the final chorus for the most extreme examples).

Bullshit. They're all perfectly in time if you listen, and I can give you a picture of the waveforms against the grid if you really want to press the matter. The male bridge vocal was placed at the end as a hook (because it works), and there's a backup vocal out of the left channel during the choruses that was copied from the final chorus. It is also perfectly in time.

I'm perfectly open to criticism and taking your advice, but if you're going to criticize and offer advice you either need to pay better attention or stop making stuff up. Sorry, but several of these statements were demonstrably erroneous.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Actions - One Minute Smile (BRBWaffles Free Plugins Mix) - by BRBWaffles - 27-07-2017, 07:34 PM