Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix
Hey Kapu Smile

Here's my feedback for your mix of Into My Dreams Smile

- Drums: wow, very nice punch ! I love the kick Smile Yeah you know I'm a heavy kick lover :p Careful however it's not too much distractive which is the case here. It's very hard to concentrate on the other instruments. The kick has a wonderful relationship with the bass.

- Bass: I really like this kind of bass, and it works really well with the kick. Maybe a little more distortion on it ?

- Keys: they sometimes sound both loud and distant, which is a bit disturbing. Most of them are here to support the guitars, so having them distant is fine. Some automation will do the trick to make sure they don't take the first role Wink

- Guitars: defintively not enough in front. Mosty because of the drums I would say. Most of the overdriven rhythm guitars have a nice separation and are at the right volume, but the leads are definitively too much behind the other instruments. They have to be in front, they express the feelings of the child. We must hear this poor little boy Wink

- Vocals: you tried to respect the lyrics I wrote using FX to create some atmosphere within the different parts. You had some cool ideas, especially in the second verse and the third part. Careful however to not make those FX too obvious.
During the 'great gig in the sky' part, I think that the beautiful backing vocals could be turned up of quite some dBs. They sound very distant.

Globally, this is a very pleasant mix to hear Smile I like the fact it's pretty punchy, although you need to work on the global balance of the drums in relationship with the other instruments, especially the guitars.

Looking forward to hearing your revisited mix Wink

Cheers
Florian - Perpetual Escape.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape: 'Into My Dreams' kapu mix - by Mandubien - 24-07-2017, 10:14 PM