Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you)
Sorry for the confusion. What I meant is, although the dynamic range (DR) is still low, it's not at all unusual in this kind of music.

For reference, check this website http://dr.loudness-war.info/ (dynamic range database), type in any artist and check what the average DR value is. On the top right corner (links) they have software to analyze DR, peaks and RMS of .wav files.

One thing I've said more than once is that there's no right or wrong here. For example, in some heavy (rock/metal) bands you barely hear a bass guitar, and I can only mention one where I actually know the basslines and really have a big bottom. So that one band is the exception. Now, which one of them is right or wrong?

Try to load a reference file into your session (if you haven't already) and a/b the two. Then you might notice the smaller things and make adjustments. Maybe you want more click on kick drum, and a little less bass. Or might you bring the guitars and piano down a little in the verses. Having something to compare it to (in the same style) in invaluable.

So keep going back at until it sounds as good and balanced as your reference track.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suit You (Please give feedback Thank you) - by Royal Brandy - 24-07-2017, 09:05 AM