Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix
Anyway, speaking of changing things up - let me tell a story. Back when me and friends were all hanging out in bedrooms, smoking weed and recording terrible music, I had a friend who one day suddenly recorded a BEAUTIFUL vocal for one of my songs. Anyway, some time later, she'd written a song and was trying to make it as a singer and wanted me to produce this song she'd written. So we set up a basic track and recorded it, and it was terrible. So many off-key lines, etc, etc. What to do? So in the end, and a long time later, I ended up chopping up the good parts, re-writing the song and adding my own response vocals, making bridges out of "ah ha ahaha" stuff, and in general producing a COMPLETELY different song. Needless to say, when I unveiled my creation many months later she was NOT impressed. In the meantime, she'd gotten a LOT better at singing, re-recorded a new version with someone else, and released that.
Fast forward several years, and when she does it live now, there is a MASSIVE influence of my version on her live performance! She gradually started incorporating more and more of my composition in the live show that was NEVER there in her original version...
What does that have to do with you? I have no idea... unless in 10 years time I hear a Jet B live performance and you're playing the solo my way.... ;-)

Messages In This Thread
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 25-07-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by crownoise - 25-07-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 05:18 PM