Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix
My first response, and who is it? The bloody guitar player who's lead I changed... What's that saying about karma...? ;-)

Nah, just joking. In all seriousness thanks for listening and responding. I'm honoured.

As far as the lead goes, well, there was really just one note that kept pulling me out of the mood each time. And I'm fine with modes and variations and stuff - I understand. I mean, I was into stuff like Bitches Brew, Get Up With It, and Coltrane's Africa back in the day... But this song was just such a straight up, balls to the wall rocker (and I mean that in a GOOD way) that if ever there was a place to pull out the rock cliches this was it! Anyway, and let me speak frankly, I think kicking off the solo with the fastest passage kinda left nowhere to go? By moving that to the second bar I tried to create a climax, and then there's a melodic change on the last bar anyway. Also, I liked the way Jet's last "thiiiinnk" was echoed by the long bent note at the start of your solo in my mix.

So how did you know I'm a guitar player? I am, but I don't think I could actually "outplay" you here... I've got "Dave Gilmour" hands so I can do slow and technical or fast and simple :-) I mainly focus on monster riffs ala Manson or Rammstein nowdays. But there was a point I was tempted to turn it into a call-and-response between you and me! Next time maybe?

So... I'd love to hear what Jet herself thought of my vocal treatment!

Cheers
CJ Fuller

Messages In This Thread
Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 16-07-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 01:23 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 20-07-2017, 02:22 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 25-07-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by crownoise - 25-07-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Suit You - The CJ Fuller Mix - by CJ Fuller - 27-07-2017, 05:18 PM