Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crownoise Suit You! Would love some opinions!
There's a lot I like about the mix.
The lead guitar gets completely lost and I think that's the biggest complaint I have.
The piano may be a little over the top but I kinda like it.
The vocal is a little sibilant. It's not too bad but it's really my only complaint for the vocal.
The overall mix is too compressed. I love the tight sound of it but especially by the bridge it gets a little too tight. Keep in mind that the piano track is louder "on tape" during the bridge so it might be what's triggering the extra compression then. If you automate that back a bit it might ease up on the compressor and it work fine. Two other minor points are the the end of the solo and very end of the song. The solo has a noisy part right at the end that stands out and could be brought down. It steps on the vocals. The end of the song is chopped too abruptly and it just takes me out of the mix. It hits the breaks on the song too hard.

Overall, after a couple of listens it sounds great and the lead guitar is the only real 'problem'. As a mixer I notice the mix compression but I think it fits the song and give it a cool tone and I don't think an average listener would care.

Great job.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crownoise Suit You! Would love some opinions! - by Roy - 18-06-2017, 05:04 PM