Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek
(14-06-2017, 04:29 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to mix 11. Here's what I hear.
-It does feel pretty bright. Everything seems to fighting for that mid/upper midrange area. Normally in this song I'm a fan of the mid in the bass but I think it gets in the way of the kick. I think one or the other should have that spot in this mix. Maybe a cut in the bass guitar in the area of where the click is in the kick might make them work together a bit more.
-It's really effect heavy, which can be cool but I think it kind of takes the piss bit from the song. I feel like the song is trying to make a strong statement and the vocal effects make it feel a bit comical. I don't know if I were the artist if that would be the image of the song I'd want out there. I suppose it's a matter of taste but I'm just trying to come at it from a different direction. That said it's cool to push the envelope and try some creative things things.

I think those are the only real points that jump out at me. Hope that helps.

----------
Roy thanks for your thoughtful comments I really appreciate it. That's why I said the song is a real challenge I think everybody agrees. When I started off with this song I thought it was going to be easy but it definitely is not. On my monitors it sounds pretty good so I think maybe I need to recalibrate them to the room. I mean the mix sounds better to me in my headphones then on my monitors and that is a real problem. I'm responding from my phone now I don't know if you put a mix up yourself but if you did I'll try and check it out later today or tomorrow. Thanks again for your input.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 11-06-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by thedon - 12-06-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Cudjoe - 13-06-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Roy - 14-06-2017, 04:29 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 14-06-2017, 10:19 PM