Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek
(13-06-2017, 03:22 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(13-06-2017, 05:30 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Whooh!!! Head spin with the intro, Tom.

I like your mix, great effects on the vocal. Great sound, your usual high standard. The only issue for me was with the click sound associated with the bass, which is a bit prominent, from memory though, this was difficult to deal with.

Well Done.

---------

Wow Thanks for the props!!! I still have yet to listen to your mix and others....been so busy....will definitely do it cause I like give careful and not just cursory listening to others' mixes, and that takes time. I am definitely going back into this mix and try to fix some things. As for the bass, I kind of left the clicking in there because it tended to come through the mix a bit better....but other ways exist to do that. I'm going to try transient reduction on the bass and eq it differently and maybe some excitation, etc. We'll see how all that goes. Don suggested my mix was too thin....needed more low end....what say you?

Tom

Don knows all about bass! I've heard that he's got a job with the government, as part of their earthquake early recognition system. He can pick up on tremors from any part of the globe with just his ears! Amazing. lol.
Seriously, yes I think Don has a point. The kick is low and heavy which is making the bass sound not so deep in respect. Maybe just a case of balancing things up a bit. Time for some experimenting I guess. I went for the other approach, made the bass guitar go deep and tried to keep the kick above the 70-80hz mark. I based this on some referencing I made.
I don't think it could be a "Tommy" mix without a big kick though.Smile

Messages In This Thread
Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 11-06-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by thedon - 12-06-2017, 10:34 AM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Dangerous - 14-06-2017, 12:28 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Cudjoe - 13-06-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: Jet B_Suit You_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Roy - 14-06-2017, 04:29 PM