Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Hammer Down Mix and Faux Master by Doug
(03-04-2017, 05:03 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: The mix has too much low-end oomph compared with the master (which was mastered by Ermin Hamidovic) and other commercial songs. Leads are too loud, and the kick has not enough oomph in the fast double bass parts and too much in the slower ones. the build up should be roughly the same with both double bass tempos (about 3-4 dB). just use a low shelf at 150-200 Hz with a 3db cut and activate it every time our drummer plays double bass.

Thanks Blitzzz, I had a listen out in my car and noticed the mix was pretty low end heavy, I took your advice with this new revision and turned the leads down and automated down the rhythm guitars a bit.

Cheers,
Doug
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hammer Down Mix and Faux Master by Doug - by dcp10200 - 03-04-2017, 08:05 PM