Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended: 'Still Flying'
Well you've pick an ambitious song to be your first. The first thing that jumps out at me is that there are certain parts that are out of time. The good news is that this will give you a chance to work on moving tracks around and lining up audio files. The electric guitar tracks 3 to 10 and the 4 Scream vocal tracks need to be aligned. They're all off by the same amount so group them together to do the editing. They need to be moved forward. I've found that using Electric Guitar tracks 4 and 5 to line up the files at the first chorus is the easiest way to visually align them with the rest of the song. Check the preview track and other mixes on here to see where they should be.

That said, for a first mix it's not horrible. Especially for this song. There's a few things that can be a problem with this song that you've dealt with well. Namely the bass and vocals. The bass is a little out front but tonally works since you got rid of the high end fuzz that it had. Same goes for the vocals. Eq wise they sound decent which is tough on these vocals. They're bright and midrangy but you tamed that and now they're listenable.

In the bridge I noticed some low end noise. Maybe it's from an effect on the kick? I'd say track that down and remove it. It's only going to add mud to an already busy mix.

Good job. It needs work but you seem to have good instincts for what needs to be done. Keep at it.
It doesn't have to sound good. People just need to think it sounds good.

Messages In This Thread
The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Adrnalnrsh - 24-12-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Roy - 24-12-2016, 02:44 PM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Shul - 25-12-2016, 08:15 AM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Shul - 26-12-2016, 04:03 AM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Roy - 25-12-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Blitzzz - 28-12-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: The Apprehended: 'Still Flying' - by Roy - 28-12-2016, 01:25 AM