Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek
(09-12-2016, 03:08 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey Tommy,

Love your drums and bass....great rhythm section....very funky...very groovey.....great job there. Overall, a nicely balanced mix.

I'm personally not 100% sold on EG1 going bang up centre channel for the whole song. It makes sense for the intro sections, when the guitar is heralding the arrival of each section and because there isn't a huge vocal presence. But I'm not sure it improves upon the classic left/right riff/funky rhythm arrangement.

Apart from the intro sections, there is already plenty going on in the centre channel with drums, bass, vocal, slide guitar, organ and solo extravaganza......having the riff competing with the melody lines feels a bit busy.

That said, its always good to try new things and go with a vision that you feel is right. Good job.

Cheers, Simon

----------------
Simon,

Thanks for the kind words. Nowwwwwwwwwwww, let me see if I can get you to be, say, 90% sold on your comment about the main guitar. You see, it's not that it's up dead center. It's actually spread across the stereo spectrum completely. I wanted to keep it anchored there because the vocals are sparse, and then some vocals I have extreme panned. During the organ solo, it's higher frequencies are bouncing around wonderfully (the leslie effect) leaving lots of space in the center (where I have the low frequencies anchored) for that guitar to keep on crunchin' around. Then the last guitar solo, as the song fades, I bring down the volume of the main guitar and the two do work pretty well, with just a bit of competition :-) Overall, what I heard in my heard I managed to produce pretty well. If I have the time, I would like to go back into the mix and provide a greater spread with the main guitar (basically leaving the center open) to see how that sounds. Many thanks for your comments.....made me really think, and I actually do want to remix this one again.......been sick with the Flu for the last week.....really wanna get back to mixing. :-)

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 24-11-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Shul - 24-11-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by thedon - 25-11-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 10-12-2016, 02:10 AM