Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil
Hi,
The acoustic guitar track in my download was also just a white noise, but to be honest, I don't think the song would need it. With the keys and two guitars, backing vocals I was struggling a bit to find place for everything. So far I was mixing just songs of my band and we have a simple set up, so besides this song being a live track it was also first time a got my hands on keys.

-------------------------------------
Hi ujerovsek
For me the live recording aspect was part of the challenge. I've learned that crosstalk is your friend and if not then make it so.
Cleaning of tracks I perform very sparingly, whenever necessary but only then! With the lead vocals in this mix one will harvest more negative side effects as opposed to gaining positive results. Sometimes I like to parallel process the lead vocal, but in this case, with the most horrific xtalk I've ever witnessed even in a live recording, this really became for me the challenge of this mix. The xtalk influenced everything, that's why, during the mix, I was soloing the individual tracks seldom to keep the monitoring for my perception constant. Anyway it was a nice experience and I'm glad I got a reasonable result after all.
Could you btw ever find the proper acoustic guitar tracks belonging to this mix?

Messages In This Thread
Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil - by sgwork - 01-12-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil - by sgwork - 02-12-2016, 08:14 AM
RE: Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil - by sgwork - 02-12-2016, 07:11 PM
RE: Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil - by ujerovsek - 03-12-2016, 11:18 PM
RE: Jackie Greene: Dont Let The Devil - by sgwork - 04-12-2016, 08:35 AM