Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perpetual Escape - Roots Of Mankind (CRMC Mix)
Hi Callum ! I'm the drummer of Perpetual Escape.

Thank you for mixing this song Smile
Here's my feedback for your mix :

- Pros : I really like the vocals treatment. They stand out of the mix, love the distortion on the pre chorus, and there is no too much FX on them. I like the lofi FX on the bridge, it brings things down a little bit, so the outro is very powerful.
You also tried to be creative using reverbs and FX here and there. I like your toms, they fit well. The bass has a nice upper mid attack so it pops out nicely.

- Cons : your mix is very disconnected. There is too much obvious variations of volume everywhere. It should be more subtle, almost non perceptible. You've been creative with FX, but here again it's too much obvious, and it should be brought in a more subtle way.
The volume mix is not balanced. The instruments are too much behind the vocals, which should be just a tad in front of the rest for this kind of music. The bass is too loud and totally masks the kick. You should decide which of the two will drive the subs and set a high pass filter on the other a bit higher, so they don't fight each other.

My main advice would be to start with a very well balanced static mix and to reference it with a pro mix. So you will be able to compare your mix in terms of volume.

Keep it up !

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perpetual Escape - Roots Of Mankind (CRMC Mix) - by Mandubien - 03-12-2016, 10:49 AM