Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - Jamolir Mix
(06-06-2013, 06:54 PM)Xabix Wrote: Hello Dear Marcus !

I had a quick listen to your mix of this great band i love, (and good friends too)... wow... you made something really good compared to the original mix !
I think the vocal (what a tracking ... pffouuu.... can't believe they didn't realize it was overcompressed and distorded...) is the best you can do with. Great job on this.
your kick is splendid too, lot of low end, that gives the song its basement.
The overall balance is almost perfect.

I might have a doubt about the proeminence of the Snare bottom mic : snare is sounding a little "high" in frequencies, and, with the "body" your kick has, it feels like snare's missing information in its low mids (around 150-200...).

About the long term dynamic, i think there's a "little" problem... as when the drum start, we would expect a sensation of impact, of a louder volume. It's not the case, and i don't know maybe it's at the mastering stage that the dynamic was squashed, or at the mix stage.
I remember myself doint a little "trick" while mastering the album, and i cheated about the intro volume, lowering the all mix of 2 dB's before drums start. it created the impact we should expect.

Apart from these details, you made a really good job with the material you have... it's a great band that deserve the best, and it was not the case, unfortunately...

A new song is coming soon by the way ... Wink

Cheers mate

Thanx for your input Xabix! And thanks for the kind words, I´ve updated the song with another version. Check it out.

I agree with the snare, I wasn´t happy with it so I decided to change it up a bit. I also added a more dynamic segway into the "drum part" to make more exciting.

I mixed this one on the old trusted SSL and the bottom you get out of that board is crazy! I love it!!

Isn´t it time to remix their album..? You can do the mastering.. Big Grin

Cheers
/Marcus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fergessen - Nos Palpitants - Jamolir Mix - by Jamolir - 06-06-2013, 08:55 PM