Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek
(28-11-2016, 08:58 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Bold as brass mix with lot's of attitude! Tommy
I can tell that you love a big kick sound, and I think it works well here. You have also done a great job with the balances and guitar tones, something that I found difficult with this song for whatever reason.

The only thing I can nit pick on is with the organ trying to compete for the front against the guitar riff. Although I must admit this is a difficult challenge and an area I spent a lot of time on. It's easy to to upset the vibe of the song by pulling this guitar part back.

Anyway, too good as alwaysSmile

Dave

---------------
Dave, thanks for the props! Yeah, I love a nice big kick. You are right about the organ solo and the guitar, etc. I did pull back the volume on the guitars about 1.5db during that solo, but it still overshadowed the organ solo a bit. I love that organ solo. I think the answer might be to bring the guitar back even further, and change its sound, soften it, eq it warmly, etc. I don't know, but it is difficult just like you said. I would love to hear what others feel about the organ situation and how to deal with it. Ahhhhh, just thought of something.....some side-chain ducking of the guitars when the organ is soloing.....THAT should do it. Dang, now I've got to go back in there when I get the time and try that.

Later,

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 24-11-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by Shul - 24-11-2016, 11:45 PM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by thedon - 25-11-2016, 07:29 AM
RE: FunkyToTheBone_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 29-11-2016, 01:32 AM