Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tim D Mix
This is the first mix i did using Sonar x1 since i moved back from logic/mac to windows... I just loved this track and choosed it to make a test mix on my new daw , in the end i really liked the render result.
i hope u guys like it too.

Edit- Updated mix
I tryed to get more "flavour/textures" going on. Blending in a little more the guitars with some efx, giving em some stereo imaging and sharping a little the transients attack but at the same time with a midrange EQ to not mask too much the vocal.
Moved the vocals/flute and strings to the front (with more early reflections in the short verb together with a bit of mid/high range eqs) so that the drums and bass stay more as a bed.
Also tryed to simulate to some degree a live stage with a shared big verb for "everyone" and a very short verb for the strings, vocal and flute with much more early reflections to give air and sense of space and that in your face effect.
On the vocal and flute this efx is quite obvious and they are totally in your face, that was intentional.

Automated the vocals a bit but still letting it be dynamic...... used some de-essing ..cleaned some clicks and pops on vocals and kick drums

for the flute i used aphex exciter to give it that sparkling airy quality , EQ to bring back some lower mid freqs masked by the exciter also used a bit of sonars channel tube warm saturation, i used some tube sat type 1 for the strings too.

effects (delays chorus phaser and etc) been sent to reverbs maybe ~30% of the dry signal is been sent for the efx groups, filtered bottom end on those groups and shelfed the high freqs up/down depending on the fxgroup i was filtering..witch then are returned to the taste for the verbs... btw i used only 2 altverbs in this mix.

the bass is not steady, but instead of nuke the heck out of it with compressor to make it steady.. i think the dynamic of it gives the mix a nice swing..my call was to compress just to give a better release and a little less variation.
i used the bottom end from Amp and Mid/Harmonics from DI, Rbass on Amp and Maxx bass on DI to make room for each other and relationship between both. ...

monitored with Samson Resolv 80a, krk rockit sub 10"
and sennheiser hd 650 HP, i didnt listened on other systems for sound check yet.

crank the volume up a bit and tell me what you think Big Grin

.mp3    Banned From The Zoo - Turn On Me (Tim D Mix4master).mp3 --  (Download: 10.35 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 10-08-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 12-08-2012, 07:17 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by ThePhonk - 12-08-2012, 09:01 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 12-08-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by ThePhonk - 13-08-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 21-08-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by drbob1970 - 20-08-2012, 01:23 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 21-08-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Mike Senior - 23-08-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 24-08-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Tim D Mix - by Tim D - 28-08-2012, 02:00 AM