Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Flyin' Instrumental Mix (Full mix to come)
(13-11-2016, 12:30 AM)Shul Wrote: Hi

The kick and bass conflict somewhat throughout the mix in some areas.
I personally don't think the flanger fx makes the mix interesting it sounds too weird for me. It takes the impact and the badassness off a lit. but that's a taste thing.
Levels are good here.
I like the tones you got on the lead guitar solos.

all in all it's getting there though I agree once you put the vocals in many things in eq and faders are gonna change.

Thanks Shul I'e gotta say the Phaser really isn't my cup of tea either, I was feeling that the riffs got pretty monotonous over the track and needed something to spice things up, looks like I went abit overboard (could work for a Floyd track though Tongue). Gotta say I'm not big into these Joey Sturgis post hardcore type bands (moreso a Metalcore and Melodic Death Metal guy), this track is pretty great though and it reminds me of a cross between Periphery and oddly enough Dream Theater (that intro riff seems something like John Petrucci would play Big Grin). I'm working on my vocal mix now and I'm finding the limitations of CPU power in my Laptop (I'm forced to print some of my effects and processing on the vocals to conserve CPU) so needless to say this is a tricky one.

Cheers,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still Flyin' Instrumental Mix (Full mix to come) - by dcp10200 - 20-11-2016, 04:46 AM