Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended - Still Flyin
Hi guys,

Wonderful song which took severl approaches for me to get the mix to the state I was willing to share it with you.
OMG so many tracks, I spend lots of time understanding the raw material and sorting out what to use, what to change and what to let go.

Snare and Kick were unusable to me as well as most of you experienced but I only have stock samples from Studio One on my computer so I was limited shaping these sounds At the end I ended up using a mix of the original top and bottom Snare signals mixed with a triggered sample and replaced the kick completely.

A couple of days ago I got the Slate Digital PlugIns and started using them on this mix. I was impressed how much the overall balance improved by doing so.

Please do not be shy and give me some feedback and critics where I can improve with my mixing..

Mix-2
Thanks for the feedback. I gave it another try and worked on my initial mix. Here is the Result, attached as Mix-2. I did not try to replicate the template mix but understand the problems my first version had. I hope I got it better this time. Would you mind to listen to it one more time?

Cheers,

Robert

.mp3    Still Flyin-Mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.39 MB)

.mp3    Still Flyin-Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.48 MB)

Messages In This Thread
The Apprehended - Still Flyin - by Myata - 12-11-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: The Apprehended - Still Flyin - by Shul - 12-11-2016, 07:26 PM
RE: The Apprehended - Still Flyin - by Blitzzz - 12-11-2016, 10:17 PM