Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I'm Alright - IRONWORK 2hr mix/mst
As Mike Senior and others often say, if a song is well played and well recorded, mixing it is a whole load easier! What a difference from the far more challenging “Young Griffo - Blood to Bone” track that I struggled with for weeks. This was great fun to mix, and I set myself the target of doing whatever I could in 2 hours then signing off on it.

Still, every track benefitted from some polishing, which was hugely speeded up in this case by using Waves CLA Drums, Bass, Guitar, Unplugged and Vocals, plus a little plate reverb on the vocals and a dab of delay, doubling and reverb on the piano.

I found that very little automation was needed here apart from cleaning up the pause at 00:35, silencing the spill and the hum on the toms, and managing the plosive in the vocals at 02:51. On the mix buss I rolled off bass with a -18db/oct cut below 33hz and gave it a little pseudo-mastering touch with Vladislav Goncharov’s (brilliant and still free!) Limiter No.6 (https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/limiter6/ ). Comments welcome!

.mp3    I\'m Alright - IRONWORK.mp3 --  (Download: 7.37 MB)

Messages In This Thread
I'm Alright - IRONWORK 2hr mix/mst - by IRONWORK - 27-09-2016, 08:18 PM