Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qupe: 'Ayni Nehirde' Dangerous Style
I think the version 2 is better, especially in choruses one can hear the difference.

But on the otherhand I feel the low end is a bit unclear now. I think I like the thiner low-end of the first version more. But the low end is an area where each of us are struggling, and my opinions about it are about to change after each 10 minutes. But as we all like to develop as mixers, I think it’s not right way to cut the bass away. Pro mixes always have healthy low end.

For those of us who cannot afford to have a million dollar room, personnally I think it’s a good to have best possible a 300 dollar mixing headphones around, to check some issues that are masked by our cheap rooms. Speakers are always better for balancing etc, but it’s invaluable also hear some things without the coloring made by our room. So good headphones can give us some information that we are not able to otherwise get.

Essential with mixing headphones is that they should be open and have as flat as possible frequency curve. Good mixing headphones are not necesserily those which ”sound best”.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Qupe: 'Ayni Nehirde' Dangerous Style - by Olli H - 24-09-2016, 07:40 AM