Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix
(22-09-2016, 02:28 PM)Olli H Wrote: Actually I meant the opposite, I think this is car friendly mixing style. Essential vox is steadily on the same level.

Ah, ok. I was thinking the purist perspective, where you set the listening level according to lead vocal, but then the instruments in the beginning might get lost in the car background noise or something.

About LUFS metering in music production. I personally have come to think the integrated LUFS measurement should not be paid any attention in the mixing or sound engineering process itself. In production, working by ear on some of the commonly recognized calibration level will 'always' result in a good signal-to-noise ratio yet retaining adequate headroom in 24-bit production, from a technical point of view, if that's what you're thinking. Anyway, at least I can't tell a thing about materials overall dynamics even with very good metering. At best make some vague guesses. Of course, when listening music at fixed speaker level, I can tell that this mix is louder than the last one, and meters show that it's 2 dBs louder, buh that's about it. ^_^

Messages In This Thread
James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 21-09-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 22-09-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 22-09-2016, 02:15 PM
RE: James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 23-09-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 24-09-2016, 03:22 AM
RE: James May: 'Hold The Line' kapu mix - by kapu - 24-09-2016, 03:28 PM