Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Corine, Corine" - What a massive difference!
(05-09-2016, 08:29 PM)JadeWilliamson Wrote:
(05-09-2016, 08:48 AM)Jwood Wrote: My musical tastes lie primarily in guitar heavy music

Mine as well. I mostly listen to heavier music like metalcore and post hardcore, so I love guitars too. Don't get me wrong, the guitar in your mix sounds great! It's purely preferential that I brought the guitar down in my mix and that I thought yours was loud. That preference comes from years of trumpet playing in concert bands.
And you're right; there is a beauty in the differences between mixes and monitoring systems and our own ears. I just found the website yesterday, and it's very clear to me that subjective discussion is the entire point.

There are good things to your mix as well, of course. Even though I feel like the trombone trio (I'm just assuming it's a trio; there's clearly a lead trombone player then a small trombone section) was panned a bit hard, you had your reasoning and I respect that. It adds a certain dimension that my mix (attached) lacked.

Regardless of how each of us processed the vocals, I think we can agree that this singer is super good. I'm just glad they didn't track the vocals in the room with the band.[/i]

Thanks for replying! I feared this website might be dead when I found it and I'm glad it's not. I replied to you since I saw that you posted this very recently.

Right on, what are your go-to bands at the moment?

There are three trombones used by The Abletones, and I believe you're spot on with thinking there's a lead and a couple background/rhythm players judging by pictures I've found.

Dan is a great singer, and the recording is superb. The Telefunken U48 is a god among microphones.

No problem. This website isn't dead nor super active. It's pretty easy to spark a discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Corine, Corine" - What a massive difference! - by Jwood - 06-09-2016, 12:20 AM