Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lead Inc - Way Of Life ( Daniel Horta MIX )
(21-06-2016, 09:51 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Almost 95% of the time, my mistakes are glaring mistakes that I only pickup on after bouncing. It's amazing what our ears can adjust to while mixing, but take our heads out of that zone, and BAM, there's your mistake, dummy!

I agree with Dave, I think the snare is too dry. On your whole kit, give this a try. I love adding a small room reverb on the drums, and parallel process that with a long reverb (and sometimes I feed the small room directly into the large room verb, as well as sending it directly to main or guitar buss). I can hear a longer verb on the drums at parts, but I think adding the small room will add a richness to the tone of your drums. If you're doing this already, maybe bring up the level of the small room a touch, or bring the send to the large room up a bit.

I think your drums may not be too loud, but all your guitars could come up a bit. You voice seems to be sitting properly above the drums. I think you just have to play with the gits some more.

Something I did on the bass was to add sustain with a transient shaper. It felt too staccato for the song for me.

Nice work so far! Maybe a bit more long term automation for movement of the song. Again, mostly in the guitars, to provide some push between some sections, and within verses, also for movement.

You have some pretty good tones set up, now it's time to varnish, buff, varnish, buff, wax, buff, and polish! :-D

Draper

Hey Draper, thank you so much for your reply... I really think this comunity is a marvelous place to share experiencies, teachings and, with some great replys like yours, I just confirm this. I wrote down all Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lead Inc - Way Of Life ( Daniel Horta MIX ) - by danielhorta - 22-06-2016, 02:04 AM