Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Way Of Life (New song from Lead Inc... :D)
Hey Shul, I'm basing my comments on the second version of your mix.

From listening to your mix the balance is good for the most part, the clean delay guitar seems to be very dry and actually louder than the lead vocals, the vocals in the prechorus also get dominated by the guitars. Try using a mono to stereo doubler plugin to spread out the clean guitar and turning it down abit to help it fit more with the vocals.

The toms in your mix seem pretty wet, it's most notable when they play in the build ups and kind of has an artificial ambiance sound to them. Try adjusting the balance of the reverb so that the early reflections are more prominent and the tail just is quieter. Also turn down the verb buss a little.

The bass tone here sounds quite good, a little clean for my taste but still good.

Vocals are also nice, I like the little delay on "way of life" at the end.

Hope this helps,
Dcp
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6

Messages In This Thread
RE: Way Of Life (New song from Lead Inc... :D) - by dcp10200 - 28-05-2016, 01:33 PM