Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Miles 'Alone With You' Andy Gallas Mix
(30-04-2016, 06:16 PM)AndyGallas Wrote:
(29-04-2016, 01:31 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Another great mastering. How do you get such great level? Can you express your mastering process and hardware?
I cannot say I agree with Cudjoe on your guitar placements. My acoustics were panned hard L/R with the electrics inside of that. I really like the sound of your guitars.
Great dynamics and filled sound field. I have things to learn here.

Thank you!

The loudness comes mainly from AD clipping on the stereobus. The converter is an older RME ADI 8 as I use an HW EQ and a Dolby Spectral Processor beside some plugins. Last instance after AD clipping is a bit of Sonnox limiting just one or two dB and a bit of its enhance mode, 20–30percent or so.

This mix was a bit of an exception in that I shaped the sound mainly with eq and dynamics from the stereo bus. There was no individual eq and compressing on the acoustic guitars for example but on the vocals.

I hope this helps.
Sounds like you've got a nice collection of hardware to use. Alas, I do not, but maybe I can push my buss harder. Where would you attribute where you get most of your hot level from?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Justin Miles 'Alone With You' Andy Gallas Mix - by Mixinthecloud - 01-05-2016, 06:16 PM