Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright
(21-03-2016, 05:51 AM)imiller21 Wrote: Well thanks guys! Glad to hear that you're enjoying my mixes! I'm currently a live Sound Engineer/Technician by trade, though I did go to school for audio production (no, not Full Sail). Since I work in the Live environment right now, I just thought it would be nice to get back into the "studio" vibe for a bit, so I just grabbed a couple sessions and went to town!

Real question if anyone wants to answer, is this mix too bass heavy? I played it yesterday on my parents' floorstanding Polk speakers, and it seemed a bit muddy around 80-100hz, but not sure if it was specifically those freqs or just low end heavy overall. Those speakers have always sounded muddy to me, so it's hard to tell...truth be told, my mixes have always been bass heavy. I blame it on my love for live, and wanting to really feel that powerful bottom end Big Grin

But again, thanks for the positive comments Smile

Tough to say if the mix is too bass heavy or a bit light in the high end. Whatever it is it is very close to spot on. I think you could easily address the program tonal balance easily in your mastering process. My ears say it just needs to be a bit crisper, not less bottom-y. That would give everything from the kick all the way up the kit and into the guitars and vocals just the right amount of crisp presence without getting brittle and really make your mix sparkle.

I have heard other mixes done on the Event 20/20s and I really like the results people are getting with them. I keep looking for a used pair on Craigs List.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]

Messages In This Thread
Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by imiller21 - 17-03-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by Shul - 21-03-2016, 04:01 AM
RE: Angels in Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by Mixinthecloud - 11-04-2016, 09:57 PM