Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
The Dice Mix
Hey Nayt,
thanks for your feedback on our recordings! They were recorded in our rehearsal room, so the tracks are not really high-end material to work with and every input is welcome. I (the drummer) did the backup vocals (definitely not a singer) and I'm not happy with them either, but our guitarist, who did the original mix, didn't want to tune them. I should learn to sing, I guess.

Yeeeah, the snare. I tried a new snare head some weeks after the recordings and it turns out that a normal Remo Ambassador gets the best out of that snare. The Evans EQ Control killed all the life out of it. Well, next time you guys will get better material to work with.

To your mix:
I think there's something wrong with the snare. Did you replace it with a sample or something? I think that I can hear some double hits every now and then, either there's a plugin messing with latency or the snare was double-triggered. The Hi-Hat seems a little overdone. It sizzles a lot. On an average sound system with boosted high frequencies it may be too much, you could try to keep it low. I think that I didn't even use it in my own mix.
And watch the overheads. I think they are pumping a little with every snare and kick hit. Check your mastering settings.

The good stuff: The vocals. Wow. Awesome. The toms sound great, too, the balance is good (though the guitars could get a little bit more in front of the mix), the bass fits well. Good job!

Keep it up. Can't wait for your next mixes!

Messages In This Thread
The Dice Mix - by NaytMaines - 21-03-2016, 02:10 AM
RE: The Dice Mix - by Shul - 21-03-2016, 03:59 AM
RE: The Dice Mix - by wurstdrummer - 21-03-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: The Dice Mix - by AmazingGato - 22-03-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: The Dice Mix - by patrick1977 - 22-03-2016, 11:30 PM